Wednesday, March 2

My Life Be Like Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah

I have many favorite things in life. It's true. 
One of them being strawberries (YUM! especially during summma time!). 
Another being Nutella (needs no explanation. if you don't like it, i think you're crazy)
And as I sit here writing to y'all I have indeed combined these two favorite things of mine!! AND IT'S SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! I have a feeling that I will be buying a lot of strawberries throughout the duration of my trip. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Just thought I'd let you in on my new discovery :)


OKAY, so on Saturday a group of us went to this town called Elche for the day. It is about a 15 minute train ride outside of Alicante and it was really fun! Basically it's just a smaller version of Alicante, minus the ocean and insert a creek (looked like a lazy river) with a lot of palm trees everywhere. The parks were beautiful and we had some amazinggg gelato!! Yes, please!
Success.


Other than that, not too much has been going on. Classes are going well. Next week we'll be half way done with our International Business classes (the ones taught in english), which is VERY exciting because they are all pretty boring. Except Cross-Cultural Behavior. I like that one. 


On Tuesday Kira, Erin and I hit up the gym. Which is awkward here because not a lot of females work out. The gym here is funny. It is this tiny room crammed full of way too many men, weights, equipment, (only 2) treadmills, and mats in between the equipment if you should choose to do abs...awesome. So as I'm running on one of the treadmills, I avoid all eye-contact and stare at the air vent the whole time. Perfect. Men here are kind of creepy. They just stare at girls way too long. So it's awkwarrdddd.
(Jams in the Gym:
Kid Cudi- Erase Me (tanks to my bruder for dis one)
Baby Bash- Cyclone (haha throwback. it just makes me laugh)
Shakira- Rabiosa (a solid find. what's better than shakira? right seester?)
Duck Sauce-Barbra Streisand (i'm convinced there's nothing better for cardio)
these are just a few for your listening pleasure!)
So today instead of the gym, Erin and I ran on the beach as the sun was setting. So great. Now I'm sore, but the good sore. I'm going to try and run again tomorrow so I can keep eating strawberries and Nutella :) 


Starting tomorrow til the 13th there is a Carnival here in town. This is what one website says about it, "Like all over Spain, Alicante hosts a colourful carnival prior to the start of Lent. The highlight is on Ramblero Saturday, when the city's main thoroughfares, La Rambla and El Barrio, fill with stunning costume parades, music and dancing." SO not too sure of all this entails, but I am very excited about it!! I'll post pictures of what our costumes end up being! 


Kind of forgot about this, haha sorry!
Cool: There are a lot of people that sit at little tables on the sides of the sidewalks and sell lottery tickets. When they are not actually selling them, they are yelling out what type of tickets they have to the people walking by. There is this one guy that I always walk past who sounds exactly like Sebulba from StarWars. Like, I'm 99.9% sure it's him. Every time I walk past I get the urge to go talk to him about podracing. Which I have no clue how you'd say that in spanish, so I don't. But he's legit.


Not cool: The bus. I really really dislike the bus. It's expensive (even with your bus pas. i miss the free Appalcart) and all the times I need to get to campus it's crowded. Like Appalcart times 7.5. It takes about 25-30 minutes to get to campus with all the stops. I hate how crowded it gets. Today I literally spooned with 2 separate people (I was there first and they plastered themselves to me. ew). I wanted to cry. They are working on the Tram to open a stop where the university is, and I can't waiiitttt. I saw them testing it today, and I almost jumped for joy. No lie. No me gusta el autobús






I praise You because I am fearfully
& wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
-Ps.139:14

1 comment:

  1. strawberries and nutella...YUM. spooning random people on el autobus...SICK.

    ReplyDelete