Thursday, February 24

BeautifulThings

Yesterday my marketing class went on a field trip to a guitar factory about 45 minutes outside of the city. I am kicking myself for not bringing my camera, because the drive was SO beautiful!!! Alicante is in this pretty mountain range (I have no clue what it's called) that we drove through yesterday. My friend Daniel said the mountains must be in our blood, because we can't get away from them! I like that. I love the mountains! And how different they are in different places. It's so cool.
There were all different types of houses (little ones, 2-story super nice ones with pools..must be nice) and some of them would be in the middle of their blooming almond tree fields. I don't know the first thing about almonds, but when they are in bloom, they're this beautiful light pink color and they were all over the place!! (There were also a lot of olive trees) We drove to the last town in the northern part of the province of Alicante, called Muro. This guitar factory is called Alhambra and they hand make around 50,000 guitars each year! I thought it was really interesting walking through the factory and seeing how they make these beautiful Spanish guitars! I've always loved that show on Discovery Channel, 'How It's Made', so it was like seeing that in real life! Really cool experience. Then our teacher, who just happened to be playing the guitar since he was 11, agreed to play us a little tune. He was pretty legit. Who knew? I want to learn to play the guitar. Maybe I'll take lessons when I get back home...


On the drive back to Alicante, a lot of people fell asleep. I wasn't really tired, so I put my ipod in and enjoyed looking at the towns and rolling hills. When we were getting closer to the city, the sun was beginning to set, which is one of my favorite things ever. Picture this: These mighty mountains jutting up from the ground, the sun beginning to set in between these mountains, and off to the left there was a piece of a rainbow, so beautiful and bright. All the while I'm listening to 'You're Beautiful' by Phil Wickham (which i looove) and all I could think was, 'Hey God, this is so beautiful! YOU are so beautiful!!' Y'all God is SO good!!! I just can't get over it!! I'm so thankful for his forgiveness and for his mercy! So thankful for this opportunity!! So thankful for his love.


I don't know really how to end this. Watch this video if you haven't heard this song before. It's awesome (videos kinda cheesy). God is good. 






The Lord has done GREAT things for us,
and we are FILLED with joy!
-Ps.126:3

2 comments:

  1. Google the video. Beautiful Things by gungor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i LOVE gungor!! that's where i got the title :) love you mere!

    ReplyDelete