Thursday, March 31

Con Amor :)

This Thankful Thursday: I am so thankful for my boyfriend :) This is Gray--




Gray is my best friend. I miss him so so much. I won't get mushy gushy on you (your welcome) but I wanna tell you how thankful I am for him. Through this study abroad experience, he has been nothing but supportive and encouraging. I can't imagine going through all this and not having a boyfriend who didn't support me. Even when I'm being a baby- complaining to him, wanting to come home (yes, it's true. I do have those days. It's rare), he encourages me to enjoy this season that I'm in! Which I need to hear from time to time! Obviously it's hard being over 4000 miles away from each other and not being able to talk a lot, but we have already grown so much! (Thanks to our main man::Jesus!) I am so thankful for who Gray is. He is confident in himself and in our relationship. He is competitive (in the Elliott blood). He is passionate (about life, Sheepy, and the Lord). He is strong-willed & determined. He is fun. And he is silly. :) 
Thank you Gray for supporting me and being there for me! I can not wait to see you on June24 and give you the biggest hug ever :) :) :) I love you!!!


Okay, so this past week hasn't been too eventful. I've hit up the beach a few times, {which has been so nice!! It is so beautiful here! And it's actually getting hot! YES!!! Starting on my tan early! Sorry Boone friends for your cold, rain and fog! Wish you were here! :) } I conquered another presentation, and I started training for my triathlon. WAIT, WHAT!?!? Yup. Me. Triathlon. June. 2 days after I get back. Boom. The thought of it makes me nervous and it doesn't seem like a reality yet. But, alas, I'm doing it!! I'm signed up, so there's no turning back!! I went running yesterday (success) and attempted to go swimming today (what I am most nervous about) but got turned down. Apparently I have to have some kind of special card? and special pool sandals. Lame. Estan locos. And it's not like at the SRC at App where there's not many swimmers and always open lanes. Here there are 6 lanes with 4 or more people swimming hard core. I was so intimidated!! So maybe take2 some time next week...


Also this week we finally planned our Semana Santa trip (means Holy Week - aka Easter Break- aka our spring break)! Devin, Erin and I will be going to Madrid (where we'll meet up with Kira!) for a few days then fly to jolly ol' England  (London, to be exact!) then hop on over to Dublin (YAY!) and then back here to Alicante!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Then 5 days after I get back, Carlie comes!!! We'll be here in Alicante for 5 days and then we will be flying over to ROME for 5 days!!!! AHH!!!! YAY!!! I absolutely love traveling (minus packing, ugh.) and can. not. wait. for. all. this. greatness. to. occur.


Cool: I don't watch a lot of t.v. here. But lately I will turn it on when I am eating or something. And what I have found is so great. A lot of our American TV shows (HannahMontana, America's Funniest Home Videos, Scooby Doo, etc) are here too! But they are voiced over! And it is the funniest thing!!! All I do is laugh because they are so ridiculous. One time I found this channel that had movies on it. And guess what gem I found?? Bring It On. Yes, voiced over in spanish. Hahaha it was so funny. 


Not cool: I have a class that is super boring. Not interesting. But I have to take it. No big deal. Well there are a group of students in this class that deem it necessary to talk during the whole class. Not like whisper to one another, but full out talking. Over the teacher!! I've never seen such a thing!! It makes me irritated, because the teacher never makes them stop! It is ridiculous. If you want to socialize, leave the class!! So the teacher is talking super loud, trying to talk over them, but there's no point, because then they just talk louder! Insane!! So frustrating!!! Luckily I only have 2 week left of my business classes! :)






Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, 
let us be thankful,
and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
for our "God is a consuming fire."
-Heb.12:28-29

3 comments:

  1. I. am. so. jealous. Wish I was coming with Carlie! :( LOVE You and only a LITTLE bit longer before you're home! So soak it up;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is spot on.

    Your life is so cool.
    -ps- i spy trendy outfits- work it gurrrl. I'll take notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Allie...so jealous!! Wish I could travel around with you. :) You are going to have the BEST time!!! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete