Monday, April 4

LoveCameDown

Tonight a group of us went out to dinner to meet Kira's dad who is in town visiting for a few days. It was so nice to just sit and listen to his many stories. He was really nice and treated us to dinner!! SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! He was telling us to watch out for his baby and take care of her (which we will continue to do) and all things a dad says about his daughter and I almost started crying. No lie. It was the sweetest thing. Annnnddd, I miss my dad. {Dad, if you're reading this, I miss you. I will always be your apple eating buddy, roller coaster rider, running partner and (oldest) #1 daughter :) Thank you for supporting me while I've been here. I really really hope you and D can come visit me! I LOVE YOU!!}








Something really cool happened that I forgot to write about (I have no idea how I forgot). My friend Anna, from Minnesota (I LOVE her accent!!! Take me back to Castaway pleasseee!!!!!), told me about this church that she went to a few weeks back. If you recall from my list of goals for Spain (HERE) number 4 was to find a legit church. So since I had yet to find one, I recruited Devin to come along with me 2 Sundays ago, to check it out! It is called Iglesia Cristo Vive. It's pretty legit. Mind you, it's in spanish so I can only understand about 50-60% of what is going on, but I really enjoyed it! I even recognized a few of the songs! It really reminded me a lot of Cornerstone Mexico, which made me very happy! :) Devin and I went back this past weekend, & saw some familiar faces from the first time we went (such a nice thing). We also heard of an english speaking church in San Juan (basically like a suburb of Alicante) and we're trying to figure out where it is so we can try it out hopefully soon! Fact: this has been a blessing :) Thanks, Anna!!


A few weeks ago, my YL leader shared a song with me and I am now currently obsessed. Please watch this video. It is for real awesome.




I love listening to the lyrics of this song. Wether I am high on a mountain or low in a valley, I am forever a daughter of God! His love has set me free. I put my trust and hope in his unfailing love. Unfailing. Meaning always able to supply more; inexhaustible; constant; incapable of error. That is the type of love He has for us!!! And we are called to shine HIS unfailing love across the nations!! I hope this song tugs at your heart like it does mine! God is for real so good!!! 




Fun Fact:: In Mexico when people answer the phone they say 'Bueno' which literally means, good. I always thought it was really funny. But here in Spain when they answer the phones, they say 'Dime' (dee-meh) which literally means, tell me. Or 'Diga' which means, speak. I just smile whenever I hear people answer the phones, because it's so different! At home I wouldn't answer the phone and say, Speak! Hilarious. Just thought I'd share :) 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that song...it blessed my soul this morning :) :) Hope you are having an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the song. It didn't make me cry or anything...

    ReplyDelete