Friday, April 8

Un buen día.

Today is a special day. I am officially 1/2 way through my study abroad!!!! AHHH!!! I can not believe that it has gone by so fast!! I have lived in a foreign country for 2 and a half months. Crazy. I love it. 
So to commemorate this day I want to take a look at my Goals for Spain (You can see it here, if you wish) that I made before I left the States and see where I currently stand. 


Goals For Spain:
  • meet a guy named raúl and take his picture. -- [this has surprisingly not happened yet!! i have heard of a raúl lurking around, but have yet to meet him. still on the list.]
  • pass this semester and make my dad proud. -- [in progress! classes end on thursday and i have a strong hunch i am going to pass. aren't you proud dad?!?!]
  • travel as much as possible. -- [the only places i've traveled so far, are sevilla (awesome) and valencia (for las fallas). but i already told you about my exciting upcoming adventures to Madrid, London, Dublin, & Rome!!! i am also hoping to add Paris to that list for the beginning of June!!!]
  • find a legit church. -- [again, in progress! i like the spanish speaking church. it's legit. but this weekend we're going to the english speaking one, and i'm very excited!!]
  • watch some bulls run. -- [unfortunately i will not be here for the running of the bulls. it takes place in july from the 7-14 in Pamplona and by then i will be back in the good ol' USofA. maybe i'll try and make myself go to a bull fight instead...]
  • hit up the beaches. -- [check! i did that today actually! and yesterday... annnd i'm going tomorrow... it's such a hard life here. man. (ilovebeingtan)]
  • open some cool letters and packages from the USA (hint hint). -- [i really am so grateful and excited when i get mail. it makes me so so happy!! thank you if you've sent me a letter or package! or even a comment or message online! it really means a lot!!!]
  • buy awesome clothes and become a local. -- [while i have bought a few new things (not a lot) i don't think i'll become a local. i mean, come on! i never bought that leather jacket! so now i'll never fit in! haha joke. but i know things that tourists don't necessarily know, but i kind of stand out in my nike shorts and tshirts. they don't wear stuff like that here. i get the weirdest looks. but i have accepted this sad fact. life goes on.]
  • eat new things. -- [yup! something thats been really cool about meeting people from so many different countries, is the different cuisine everyone has! last night my roommate, Margaret, made me Russian pancakes (really really thin US pancakes with cheese in it). Selin made us a Turkish meal (LOVED it), & Adriana made us some for real good Venezuelan Arroz con Pollo. i try and get new things when i go out to restaurants. and i have a really big thing to tell you all at home. i hope you're sitting down... ready? i like chicken. it's true. sometimes sketches me out, but i like it! and i now know how to cook it which is even better. (this makes gray very very happy) for those of you here or who just don't know, i'm a vegetarian. i was raised a vegetarian. not one of those hippies that goes to college and decides to make a statement, but raised to not eat meat. i eat dairy and i like most fish. & in the past, i've always tried different meats, but i would never order it or cook it. i liked trying things in the kitchen of b&j :) BUT NOW I'M A CHANGED WOMAN. y'all aren't gonna know what to do with me when i get back!]
  • never turn down an activity. no regrets. -- [i turn down activities. opps. i can't hang with my friends that go out late until it is indeed morning. so i turn those activities down. i'd rather sleep and wake up before 12 :) ]

SO, I am excited for the next half to come because it holds... the end of classes (praise jesus!!), our awesome adventure through Europe, my sissy coming to see me :), more beautiful days of summer, hopefully my dad and broha coming to see me, and finally getting to see my boyfriend that i miss so much!!! A lot to look forward to!!! Praying for a great remainder of my trip!! :) 
It's been a good day.



I was created
to make Your praise,
Glorious!
-Martha Munizzi

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!!!! So proud of you for taking advantage of every opportunity:) Can't wait till you get back...mi amor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU EAT CHICKEN!!! YAY!! You are over half way there...so proud of you. :)and classes are almost done. You can do it!!! Love YOU

    ReplyDelete