Tuesday, February 15

A Rainy Tuesday.


It’s raining. I didn’t pack for rain. I’m flustered. My sperrys are soaked (they were my best shoe option for today, other than my sassy boots, which were NOT happening (their first appearance was a tragedy. blisters, etc)). I’m wearing my snowboard jacket (which is way too warm for today) but it’s the only waterproof thing I have here. I opted last minute not to bring my rain jacket, and am now regretting that decision. Before I came here, I looked online and it said ‘there is NEVER any rain, maybe only 20 days a year!’ Well I don’t know who wrote that, but they lied. It’s rained about 5 days since I’ve been here (three weeks today!).  Which isn’t that much, but it is to me, because I can’t properly dress myself. Bueno.

ANYWAYS, yesterday was Valentine’s Day. I hope all of you reading this had a great day with those you love! :) I think it’s a kind of cheesy “holiday” but I was still sad that I couldn’t spend it with my novio. We had a little get together at my friend Adriana’s apartment, and it was very fun! There is a handful of us who have significant others that are not here & a handful who currently do not have any significant others, so it was nice to be doing something all together!  A night filled with great food, and laughter (trying to teach Kevin (a French friend of ours) American “pick-up lines”. Ex: (picture in French accent) What up shorty? Lemme holla at you! Can I get your number? Hilarious.)


Okay, so you know how animals have their natural habitat? Like pandas in China, or hippos in Africa?? Well the Mini Cooper’s natural habitat is definitely Europe (I have yet to venture out of Alicante, so yes, I am making the assumption that it is like this all over Europe). This car seems to be designed for Europe (which makes sense, because Mini was founded in England)- sharpest turns ever, parallel parking in about 5 feet of space without hitting other cars, weaving through traffic, etc, etc… I love Minis. So Euro. Minis in the US just don’t compare. Sorry American Mini lovers!

(By the way, this is not Alicante.)

I decided it would be funny to write something that is cool and not cool whenever I blog! It is going to be about anything – my life, classes, whatever. Anything is fair game. Chances are I will have a lot more ‘cools’ than ‘not cools’. So hopefully you’ll like them! :)

Cool: Pretty much 99.9% of the cars here are manual (aka: a stick-shift). It’s pretty much the coolest thing ever. Kira and I want to go to Italy, find the Ferrari factory (or finding the Aston Martin factory in the UK would suffice) and test drive the most beautiful cars in the world. We’ve made friends from both Italy and England, so I’m holding out hope that this is a possibility.

Not cool: Having to watch where you walk all the time. Alicante is a city. Locals love their dogs here. You mostly see the little (chi-chis (as Erin likes to call them)) dogs, not really as many big dogs. Since it is a city, there is not a lot of grass. So these dogs do their business on the sidewalks. Great. Not many owners clean up after their dogs (#1- understandable, but #2??? Come on people!!!). So you constantly have to watch where you walk, so you don’t step in something you will regret. Not cool



We love because He first loved us.
-1John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment