Tuesday, February 1

One Week In!!

First and foremost- GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I am constantly finding myself in awe of what He is doing here in Spain. He has blessed me with great friends, a great roommate, and a great, safe flat! A few things I'm thankful for: my Latvian roommate who is hilarious and full of joy; Skype!!! (so i can see your beautiful faces!); Nutella (needs no explanation); my new space heater for my room (please and thank you!); Ryan Long's album Arise which is always on repeat (& Mark Wagner's song, There is Hope)(please look these up, they're AWESOME!); and the Starbucks VIAs that the Elliotts gave me before I left! (I like all flavors if anyone was wonderingggg)   :)


So I've been here for about a week and I can say that my Spanish skills are slowly improving! My English skills on the other hand are getting worse by the day! True story. No bueno. I blame this on the fact that I am speaking broken English to my roommate and others. I'm not going to tell you how many times I've had to edit this post, because it's too embarrassing. So I just laugh at myself all the time and am banking on when classes start (on Thursday!), I'll immediately become so fluent, I will only speak Spanish until I leave in June... We'll see... Haha


Since I am not good about blogging every single day about my activities, I am going to give you the highlights of the past few days. These will include cool adventures, hilarious moments, and just great things.

  1. There are a few things that Spaniards love. One is PDA. They love PDA. All the time. Any where. Doing anything they want... nasty. Another thing they love are boots. Mainly for the ladies. But everyone has them! So I of course went and bought a pair of sassy boots! Have yet to wear them, but hopefully soon. Lastly, they love leather jackets. Erin and Kira (my great App friends) are pros since they already had leather jackets! It is going to be my next purchase and I believe paired with my sassy boots, I am well on my way to becoming a local (which you'll remember was one of my goals for Spain!).
  2. One of the coolest things so far, has been to meet so many cool people from all over the world. Kyle and Daniel (2 of the App boys) have a roommate, Luigi (confirmed that he does have a friend named Mario, fyi), from Italy. Last night us girls had the guys over for a pasta night. Luigi gave us constructive criticism on our pasta-making skills, and now we could basically open up our own pasta place because we are so good. It is also hilarious to hear an Italian say sassy. Picture saying it slower with that Italian accent. (I know some of you just said it outloud hahah) Descarado pantalones (sassy pants en espaƱol). Fun night. Like I mentioned earlier, my roommate is from Latvia, so every time we are discussing a certain word, she tells me what it would be in Russian. So watch out! I'll be trilingual soon! There is also Selin (like Celine Dion) from Turkey, JeanMarc from France, Vici from Finland, Maria from Austria and more!!
  3. The other day, we went up El Castillo de Santa Barbara and explored around! It is absolutely beautiful! After a hike to the top, you can see 360 degrees- the blue waters of the Mediterranean on one side, and the majestic mountains on the other. These pictures don't even do it justice-



We start classes on Thursday, and I have no idea how that will go. It is a very confusing process, but I am excited to have some sort of schedule!  I'll try and write later on this week and let all of you pretty people know how it went! :) Thank you for reading this longest novel ever! Ciao!



2 comments:

  1. Your adventures sound amazing!! I can't wait to look at more pictures soon :) Some encouragement for today:
    "God has set you apart, called you through His grace, to reveal His Son in you, so that you might be able to impart Christ's love to others."

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo glad i found your blog on fb! can't wait to follow & know how to pray for you. have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete