Sunday, May 15

SURPRISE!

So... I'm sure you're wondering what this cliffhanger surprise is...
well: It's me, Carlie, here in spain. YES. guestpost. 
Tomorrow morning I leave. Caitlin and I have had such a blast together. I'm not ready to leave yet, these 10 days flew by. It seems like just yesterday I flew in and we ate pasta salad in her apartment late at night. I know that Caitlin will soon write about our time together and all our travels, adventures, and hilarious stories, but hopefully this is good enough for now!


After a few days here in Alicante (days well spent at the beach, castle, and around the city) we flew to ROME, and just got back today. Rome was so beautiful and with so much to see and do in the city, I think we conquered a lot. I have concluded: after my time spent in this beautiful city in Italy that I want to be a couple of things: 
1. A nun. (inspired of course, by the Vatican) and because they're everywhere around here. They are so cute and are always with fellow nun friends.
2. A gladiator. Brave, tough, and valiant, fighters. Why wouldn't you want to be a gladiator?
3. A tour guide in the Colosseum. More realistic way to learn about and teach others about ancient times I suppose
4. A Vestal Virgin in the Roman courts for the Emperor. Basically all they have to do is sit around in beautiful outfits, help out around the palace, sit by wonderful fountains, and look at pretty flowers all day. Great life. 
I'm so glad that I got to come to Spain to see my sister. I miss her alot and alot in America, she is my best pal. Our trip to Rome was the best and, needless to say we will remember it forever. We are grateful to our parents who support us mentally and financially in our travels! SISTERFRIENDSFORLIFE.


Caitlin and I came up with a list of travel tips if you ever decide to go to Rome (A cliffhanger until her next blogpost)
Travel Tips to Rome by C&C:

  • shorts and tanktops are hoochie in the eyes of Italians. Wear clothes if you want to divert some eyes
  • Bring good walking shoes!! You walk so so much.
  • Don't rush through the Vatican museums . At least not as fast as we did (woops)
  • Study basic Italian words before going. We knew nothing, which was sometimes a difficulty (thankfully a lot of people spoke English--Score!)
  • Only buy one water bottle because you can refill it all over the city by these fountain things with spickets. You might question them, but don't- just accept a cool drink of water.
  • Motto: "When in Rome!" - use as frequently as possible
  • you may  at the men dressed up as gladiators, but don't take a pic with them unless you want to pay 5 Euros and be ripped off. A lesson we learned in NYC...scam. only take a pic from afar if you cant resist like me
  • If you want to visit the Catacombs, find out which bus to take...DO NOT take the metro or you will have to walk too far to find it. and we didnt have a map.
  • Say no to people trying to sell you stuff. As for the people hassling you outside of the restaurants, be sassy and they'll leave you alone to look at menus.
  • Start fresh when going to the Roman Forums. Go ahead and get the audio-guide or you will have NO idea what rocks were what. Also bring sunscreen and fill your water bottle!
Duces Spain!
-Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment