Thursday, May 19

FavorFallingLikeRain

Hi there! I have not forgotten about you! I may or may not have waited to blog until this Thursday so I could tell you how thankful I am for my sister (along with our glorious adventures). Thats right! This Thankful Thursday I want to share my heart and let you in on a secret (but actually not so secret). I love my sister. This is Carlie:



She is the sassiest sheila out there. And she is my best friend. I am so blessed to have Carlie as my little sister & I'm SO SO glad she was able to come see me here in Spain! I am thankful for Carlie's heart. I am thankful that she is in love with Jesus. I'm thankful that she wants to share that love with some middle schoolers next year through the great ministry of Young Life. I am thankful that we both are in love with Boone and go to the same university. I'm thankful that we've grown so close over this past year. I'm thankful for her silly, goofy and crazy personality. There is nothing like the bond of sisterhood and if you have a sister, you can probably agree! 
Carlie, I love you so much and you are my BSF. I am proud to call you my sister. I can't wait to hear about your adventures at the Gap. Praying for you. Miss you. Can't wait to see you so soon :) Lylas...but really haha

So I know what you want to ask. How was your time with Carlie? Well I'll tell you. It was so. much. fun. Like Carlie said in her guest post (here) the 10 days flew by and I can't believe she's already gone! Here is a quick recap of her first few days in Spain:
Her flight got in around 11 (yes, we might have cried in the airport) on the 6th and she was delirious. It's true. She pretended to be a dog on the bus back into the city. Then laughed at herself and proceeded to do it again! Crazy girl. Her first day here was crummy weather. So we had a typical Spanish breakfast (toast and coffee. yup that's it. again - still missing the full irish breakfast!!!) and we wandered around the town. We stumbled upon a beautiful cathedral in the historic district, a kite festival, and I showed Carlie my favorite coffee place on the water (she loved it. duh). My Turkish friend Selin cooked for us this night and it was ah-may-zing!! We had pasta with yogurt and this spicy stuff (sounds gross, but not), this patatoe salad sort of thing and cucumbers. I may have forgotten something, but it was really good! After dinner we had Turkish coffee. It's a small cup (like espresso) with the grounds at the bottom. When you get to the grounds, you turn your cup onto the plate, wait a few minutes then when you pick the cup up there are shapes and lines on the inside (from the grounds) and in Turkey they read your fortune for you! Selin is not an expert, but she read Carlie and I's fortunes and it was so fun!! The next day was beautiful so we decided it was the day to conquer the castle! The castle is the main attraction everyone takes their guests to when they come to visit. It's great and free - yay! We hiked up to the top and it couldn't have been a prettier day!!


We had a picnic at the top before heading down to the sea for some sunshine!! The next day we hit up the beach again and then walked around some shops for a while. We went out to dinner and in total excitement for Italy, we ordered pasta. Well it was covered in a sauce made of 4 different types of cheeses. Not normal cheese, but names you can't even pronounce. It. was. so. gross. We didn't even come close to finishing because it was that gross. The next day I had class, so we went to campus and I gave Carlie a tour of the campus and then she waited until I got done. We then picked up our bags from the apartment (and sneaked in a few minutes to watch some of The Lizzie McGuire Movie in preparation for Rome, naturally) and headed to the train station. We rode the train to Valencia (2 hour train ride) which is where we flew out of the next morning. We stayed in a nice hostel right in the center of town. After we checked in, we walked around a little bit, ate dinner and then went back to rest up for our big day - Travel to Rome.
I'm ending this post here because I am getting weary (i'm sorry, it's 1am here!) and I want to give full details when I tell you about Rome!! Until then, I hope this little gem can hold you over! :)


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see more!!! :) So glad you two had an amazing time travelling the world together!!

    ReplyDelete