Tuesday, June 14

MyBooneFriend.

First things first. Update: I have EIGHT days until I leave Spain! AHHHHH!!! What?!?! I know. I'm excited. It will definitely be a culture shock when I get back. Europe is way different than the States. But I think I'll do just fine :) Can't wait to give everyone the biggest hug EVER! :)


As you may know, my sweet friend Jaime came to visit me this past weekend! And what a great weekend it was! She arrived on Thursday night and we spent the evening eating yummy Italian food, sitting by the Mediterranean , walking halfway up the castle to see the city lit up, having good conversations, eating gelato (praisejesus), and passing out. The whole weekend we were on the same sleep schedule, which was so great! 
On Saturday we went with some girls to San Juan Beach and had our own DIY spa day! Alicia (from New York) prepared the whole thing and it was really fun! We did facials out of oatmeal, honey and yogurt. Cucumbers and all. Some type of hair treatment with yogurt, olive oil, and an egg (ew). And an exfoliation scrub with strawberries, olive oil and sand. Each of these was a first for me. My favorite was the scrub cause it worked and felt so good!! Might just have to do that one again. Afterwards we showered, then got kebabs and ate at the harbor! Margaret was having a going away party since she was leaving the next morning. Hilarious. No words. Funny funny night. She has a 'ritual' where she burns her notes and books from the past semester of the classes she didn't like. So a little into the night we all hiked up to this place kind of overlooking the city and indeed burned her papers. 
The next morning we rode with Margaret to the airport and said our goodbyes! She is now safely back in her favorite place in the world, Latvia. The apartment is a lot quieter and she is greatly missed! :) We spent most of the day at the beach. It was a solid beach day. Then we got gelato again (perfect excuse to eat it when a guest is in town! no more though. tri coming up) and hiked up to the castle! It was a beautiful day and did not disappoint. 




We sat for a while waiting for the sun to set, but gave up because it sets around 9:30. Impatient and hungry. We showered and then went to a chinese restraunt at the harbor with my Texas roommate Elissa and her boyfriend Austin. Sooo good. Like I said earlier, Jaime and I were on the same sleep schedule so after dinner we were exhausted so headed home and went to bed. 
On Sunday we had breakfast then headed out of town to San Paz to a market/flea market type deal. It was so cool! I really liked it. We liked looking through the old things and finding gems amidst all the stuff. Once we got back into town we had pizza, then walked around for a while until we had to bid adieu at the train station. 
I'm so so happy that Jaime was able to come and visit and check a goal off her list! I really enjoyed our time together! Sweet friend, sweet conversations, and such sweet time together! So thankful for you Jaime!! :) 


Moris is pokin out there (jaime's hair extension).




Off to the beach! Which is probably what I'll be doing for the next week! That and tri training. Ugh. Still can't believe I'm doing that. I might be crawling across the finish line. Hopefully not. 






Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
-Job37:14

No comments:

Post a Comment