Tuesday, June 21

Manaña.

Can't believe it's finally here. I leave Spain tomorrow. WHAT!?! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! Actually feels real. It hasn't really up until now. I'm actually going to be able to see Gray and my family in 2 days!! And then my homegirl Allie in 3 days (along with lots of other pretty faces I can't wait to see!)!!! Y'all just don't understand. 5 months is a long time. I'm so so ready to be home! 
But I made some lists. So enjoy :)


So Ready For...

  • Not having to walk a bizillion miles a day and be able to drive again
  • Two words: Air Conditioning. 
  • Milk and eggs that are refrigerated in the grocery store. It still sketches me out.
  • A Moe's burrito (plus lots of others. like an actual breakfast from ihop. or a jersey mikes sub. it's pretty much what kira and i talk about all the time)
  • A North Carolina summer. 
  • Some Cornerstone Summit!!! So excited.

But I will miss...
  • Living at the sea
  • The pretty fountains all over
  • Tortilla de patatas (determined to learn how to make it though)
  • El castillo. (cool that i've lived by a castle for 5 months)
  • All my cool new international friends
  • Prime time European people watching (it's seriously the best)

Also there are things I won't miss...
  • Cockroaches (since it has gotten warmer here they seem to think it is okay to come hang out. false. and they're massive. Erin said it looks like they're on steroids. true statement)
  • Living in a city (over it. take me back to boone)
  • This small, dark apartment. 
  • Jellyfish in the water (aka medusas in espanol)
  • Techno

Hogueras started a few days ago. If you read when I went to Valencia to see Las Fallas (you can read it HERE ), it is very similar. The cool artsy statues that they burn down at the end of the week. If you want to read in detail about it you can do so HERE or just google it. They also have firework shows daily. And let me tell you something - the Spaniards know how to put on a firework show. I don't know how to describe it. Not only are there fireworks, but there are these firecracker things that vibrate the ground. I'm not doing it any justice, but believe me it's awesome. I won't be able to see when they burn everything, but I am okay with that because I saw Las Fallas and plus I'll be home by then :)

Okay, I need to go pack so I can so say bye to everyone tonight! 


Spain (/Europe), thanks for having me. It's been great!

America,  I'M COMING HOME! SEE YOU SOON!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! :) Can't wait to see your sweet face!! :) Praying for your safe travels. Love YOU

    ReplyDelete